Paleo Pumpkin Chili
2 lb of beef, venison, and/or turkey
1 large onion (optional)
Chopped garlic (optional)
2 (15 oz) cans fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cups pumpkin puree
1-cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon of honey
4 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons chili spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 teaspoon of Tacticalories Pumpaction Spice
1 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink
Optional: add sweet potatoes to chili
• Boil 2 sweet potatoes until tender
• Dice up and add to chili mix
1. In a large pot saute the onions and garlic in coconut oil for about five minutes.
2. Add the ground turkey and break it up with a spatula as it cooks for about five minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
4. Simmer without a lid for about 15 minutes.
Kyle is currently a police officer and has served for the past 10 years at a police department in Upstate, NY. In that capacity, he serves as the department’s physical fitness instructor, where he conducts in-service training and teaches at the Police Academy. Kyle is also one of the two explosive detection K9 Handlers for the department.
As the Online Director of Training and Performance for Train to Hunt, Kyle draws from his previous experience as a gym owner to consult with clients to prepare them physically and mentally for the most rigorous of big game hunts.
Most importantly Kyle is a husband and a father of one (a 10-month-old boy). The family is very important to him and he makes it a priority to find work/life balance.